Guess who's back?!

Hi there,



Firstly, I must apologise. I'm sorry for the lack of posts lately. I recently started studying again and that has been taking up a lot of my time. I'm starting to blog again now and have an exciting series of posts coming up about baby led weaning, so please do come back for that!

A few weeks ago, a lovely friend of mine, Rachel from Kids, Cuddles and Muddy Puddles tagged me in a getting to know you post. I thought this would be the perfect way to ease myself back in to blogging. Do go and check out Rachel's blog, she posts about activities she does with her children and has recently started a new series called 'all about the blogger' which is really interesting.

So on with the questions!

When was the last time you cried?
I'm not much of a crier, but the other day Marnie decided she wanted to be a mermaid. We dressed her up (both legs down one leg in her pj's and one of my bras!) and she lay on the floor doing the funniest pose. I could not stop laughing, to the point I ended up crying. It was the funniest thing!

If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself?
I thinks so, I don't think I'm horrible or anything so why not!

Do you use sarcasm a lot?
Yes, and I often forget that Marnie is two and a half, and doesn't understand sarcasm yet!

What's the first thing you notice about people?
Whether they seem friendly and approachable. I like to think I am, I always smile at people so I tend to notice if someone smiles at me!

Scary movie or happy endings?
Happy endings, definitely. I am such a wuss!

Favourite smells?
My children! They both smell so good!

What's the furthest you've ever been from home?
Las Vegas. We went there 10 years ago on a family holiday when I turned 18 and my dad turned 50. It was amazing. We stayed in two different hotels on the strip and travelled out to the Grand Canyon for a couple of days - that is the most amazing place I have ever been, I would love to go there with my husband and girls one day!

Do you have any special talents?
I dance. Well, I danced until I was pregnant with Marnie. In fact, I did a show en pointe when I was 8 weeks pregnant with her! I'd love to go back one day, but for now I'm happy with taking Marnie to her weekly class!

Where were you born?
In Winchester, Hampshire.

What are your hobbies?
Well, at the moment I'm pretty busy with children and studying. However, I really like to read, dance and blog!

What did you want to be when you grew up?
So many things! A ballerina, a West-End star, an astronaut, an archaeologist, a teacher, a nurse, a midwife, a volcanologist, a weather lady but most of all a Mummy!

How many countries have you been to?
I've been to... France, Spain, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Belguim, America, Canada and St Lucia. I think that's it. Not that many countries, but I've been to several places in most of them!

What was your favourite/worst subject in school?
I've always loved Geography, I studied Geography and Environmental Science at A Level. My worst was probably Maths - I struggle with things that I don't see the point in learning. I remember my poor dad trying to help me revise and I probably drove him mad saying 'what's the point in this, I will never use algebra in my real life!' In my defence, I never have!!!

What is your favourite drink?
Well, I would have said Coca Cola, but I have recently given 'fat' coke up so now I would probably say water. I love water!

What would you (or have you) named your children?
My eldest is Marnie and my youngest Polly. Neither really have meanings behind them, I just wanted names that were unusual but not weird. We decided not to give them middle names either.

Who are some of your favourite YouTubers?
I'm a big YouTube fan. At the moment I love Charlotte Taylor, Mrs Meldrum, Mummy Daddy Me and Dolly Bow Bow.

How many boyfriends have you had?
Not many! Sam and I have been together 8 years next month, and married for 4 in November!

Favourite memory from childhood?
Our Christmases at Center Parcs. I would love to take the girls one year! We had the best time.

How would you describe your fashion sense?
Since becoming a Mum I'm definitely more of a jeans and t-shirt sort of girl! I always used to wear dresses, but breast feeding/crawling about on the floor makes that a bit harder!

Tell us one of your bad habits?
Biting my nails! I must stop as I don't want the girls to copy me!

Well, that's the questions answered. I hope you enjoyed and please do check back to see my posts about weaning!

Lottie

Comments

Popular Posts